Vintage Burton Londonderry Snowboard BBI Backhill
Wood, metal, rubber
51"l x 7.75"w
© Vintage Winter
This old vintage Burton snowboard is in original condition. Very few original Londonderry's come up for sale. We have this in our possession and verify it’s authenticity. This was purchased many years ago at the Rose Bowl - in California.
Below is the text from the original 1979-80 winter season Burton Boards brochure.
The Backhill model is the ideal all-around board. Adjustable bindings facilitate learning the sport and enable the rider to handle difficult terrain and aerials. A great board in deep powder, yet equally capable in slushy bumps and packed snow.
Weight with bindings mounted: 5lbs. 11oz.
- Removable power leash with molded pistol grip handle.
- Twin aluminum fins constructed of aircraft aluminum alloy, bolted to the board with stainless steel bolts and elastic stop nuts.
- Continuously adjustable front binding constructed of black neoprene rubber, fastened down by aluminum binding plates and stainless steel thumb screws, threaded into brass inserts (recessed).
- Rear binding constructed of pure gum rubber permanently fastened to the board with aluminum binding plates. Designed to accommodate any size shoe or boot.
- Anti-skid matting specially designed for use in snow, constructed of extruded sponge vinyl.
- Safety run away strap.
- Available in right or left foot forward position. Left foot forward is preferred by 90% of all riders.
- Stiffer models available for those over 180 lbs.
The Burton Corporation
Londonderry, Vermont 05148
Vintage Burton Snowboard Catalog c. 1979-80.